Rabbit & Hare and I were invited to pitch for the design and build of an iPad application that combined a lifetyle magazine with recommendations, catalouge and shop. Along with this magazine element, the app relied on a newsfeed style approach for surfacing content and products that were personalised and specific for each user.
Crafting 'My M&S' and the outfit builder
Not only was the app designed to be personalised, and leverage usage data and knowledge about omnichannel customer's purchase history in order to tailor the app and other product's to their individual needs, but within ‘My M&S’ users were also able to;
- Manage personal wish lists
- Plan their shopping for big occasions
- Set birthday reminders
- Build and share outfits with friends
- Browse lookbooks and trend guides
- Browse a personalised newsfeed of friends recommendations
- Find similar products based on personal favourites
- See socially shared outfits within the app
We concepted a number of different methods for constructing the outfit builder so that it ensured an easy to use experience for the customer. Marks and Spencer at this time were undergoing a organisational shift and re-brand, so the design had to be visualised from the ground up.